Danville High School senior D’Mauriae VanCleave might be the most explosive player in Kentucky high school football.
With 4.3 speed and ankle-breaking moves, VanCleave is certainly a game-changing performer for the Admirals.
Check out his season highlights:
– VanCleave is Danville’s top receiver with 77 receptions for 1,053 yards and 13 touchdowns
– He has also rushed 62 times for 659 yards and 9 touchdowns
– On defense, he is tied for the team lead with 4 interceptions, including 2 touchdown returns. He has also recorded 41 tackles
– D’Mauriae also returns kicks and punts for the Admirals, but most (every) team generally refuses to send the ball his way, sometimes taking major losses in the kicking game to make sure he doesn’t get a touch.
– Danville (14-0) will battle Mayfield (13-1) for the 2A state championship Saturday at 1:00 p.m. ET
At this time, VanCleave has received college interest from a host of smaller colleges in Kentucky. He has also heard from EKU.